Passengers may have a hassle-free travel experience by taking advantage of JetBlue Airlines' policy that enables them to request a name change or correction before their flight. A passenger's name must match what is printed on their passport or any other form of legitimate government-issued picture ID to be allowed to board the aircraft. This rule applies to both domestic and multinational flights.
If you are familiar with the fundamental principles behind this policy, changing or modifying the specifics may be a more straightforward process for you. In this policy, we will learn all the rules for changing names on JetBlue aircraft tickets, including the costs of making the name adjustment and other information.
For more information about the JetBlue Airline Passenger Name Change Policy, call 1-877-657-0890 or 1-800-538-2583. JetBlue Airlines will provide you with an agent who will guide you further.
JetBlue Name Correction Policy For Travel Agents
JetBlue allows customers to correct their names to match their government-issued ID or passport. The airline's name policy lets passengers change characters, keeping their birthdate and gender. Name changes will only be made if they do not affect ownership or the ticket form.
Read the points to understand JetBlue's travel agent name correction policy:
- Unauthorized bookings are exempt from JetBlue's name correction policy.
- A JetBlue ticket passenger must submit government-issued documents or passports with the name change form to change their name.
- JetBlue's name change policy states that passengers who swap tickets cannot change their names.
- JetBlue Airlines must authenticate or operate flights to request name corrections (B6/279).
- JetBlue allows passengers to change their names or co-passengers names once per ticket. Future name change requests must include supporting documentation with the reason for the change. If so, the airline will charge a name change fee based on price and other factors.
- The airline will charge a portion of tickets for JetBlue name changes.
- The JetBlue travel agency name correction policy allows minor changes during a trip. However, changes must match government documents.
- JetBlue allows passengers to change their maiden, middle, or last names in characters. The changes will not affect gender or birthdate.
- The JetBlue change policy charges for changing birthdate and gender.
- Due to scheduling constraints, a slight date of birth change is allowed without a name change. Passengers can only modify it once. Always contact customer service to cover charges.
Change Name On JetBlue Ticket Fees
Passengers get one change. Depending on fare category, the airline may charge a change fee for multiple requests:
- JetBlue Basic Fare passengers must pay USD 100 for change fees on U.S., Caribbean, Mexico, and Central American flights. On other routes, the airline charges USD 200 for changes.
- The airline change policy allows JetBlue, Blue Plus, Blue Extra, Blue Refundable, Blue Plus Refundable, Blue Extra Refundable, Mint, and Mint Refundable passengers to request changes by paying fare differences.
- Offline name changes and corrections require USD 50 or more in service fees, depending on the fare type and other applicable charges.
- Booked through unofficial platforms cannot be changed.
- Some tickets don't require JetBlue name change fees. The name changes had to match government-approved documents.
- According to JetBlue's misspelled name policy, passengers who plan to swap tickets cannot request changes.
Types Of Requests Under JetBlue Name Correction
Because of JetBlue's policy regarding name changes, you can correct incorrect aspects of your name. A misspelled name or one written backward on the ticket could result in an inappropriate name being listed. When a passenger gets married, divorced, or goes through any other kind of legal change, they might want their new name printed on their ticket.
JetBlue Change Name Online Via The Website
The mobile app, official website, customer service, sales offices, and airport counters of the airline are all places where customers can purchase tickets. Passengers can modify or correct the names that are associated with their bookings. In this part of the guide, we will explain the process you can follow to change the name printed on your documents.
Correct Or Alter Your Name Via The Internet
- Use the most convenient mode for you (the website or the app, for example).
- Choose the page that allows you to manage your bookings from the menu on the home page. You may need to finish the user authentication process.
- Please enter the confirmation code and the passenger's last name in the respective fields.
- To proceed, select the Continue tab.
- Choose the excursion.
- To change or modify your account, click the appropriate link.
- If your passport or other government-issued identification requires a different name, you should change it.
- Please attach any relevant documents.
- Tap the Continue tab to send in the form change request after you've done so.
- Pay the fees (if there are any).
- After verifying that your ticket meets the requirements, the system will make the necessary adjustments.