British Airways' name change policy states that travelers will not be allowed to board an aircraft if their trip ticket name doesn't match the name on their official travel documents (passport, government-issued ID). The airline will comply with name change requests in exceptional circumstances, even if it involves substantial work and costs. A British Airways name correction fee, a reissue fee, and any applicable fare difference are included in these costs. When requesting a British Airways name change, the first, middle, or last name can be changed by a maximum of three characters. To change their names, passengers must contact British Airways name change customer service or visit their nearest British Airways ticket office. Check out the article below for more information.
To connect to the British Airways Name Change customer service, call 1-877-657-0890 or 1-800-828-8144. British Airways customer service team will give you the best assistance you need about British Airways name change policy.
British Airways Name Change Policy Overview
- Changing a passenger's name completely on a ticket is not possible. You can change the name on your ticket in case of marriage, divorce, etc., as long as you provide valid documentation.
- When British Airways operates all flights on the itinerary, spelling mistakes can be corrected over the phone for free.
- An additional fee may be charged if tax fees have increased since you booked your ticket.
- Your name correction may require documentary evidence.
- E-tickets cannot be updated or corrected in Advance Passenger Information (API).
- A name change can be requested by phone on tickets booked directly through British Airways (website, call center, or sales office).
- The only way to change or correct the name of a ticket booked through a third party is to contact the third party directly.
- A 24-hour cooling-off period is available for British Airways passengers who have booked a ticket directly through the airline in the wrong name. You will receive a full refund if you cancel it within 24 hours of booking it (you can then rebook with the correct name).
- You can cancel your ticket online if you booked it directly with British Airways.
- Call British Airways if you booked your ticket over the phone.
Exceptions. Flight bookings cannot be changed:
- Flights departing within 24 hours of booking.
- You still need to pay for it.
- There are different terms and conditions for packages, hotel accommodations, car rentals, etc., so call BA Customer Support if you need help.
- Comair operates domestic South African-only services.
Name Change Fees In British Airways
- Changing a name on a flight ticket is possible with British Airways, but the service is charged.
- Your ticket type and destination determine the fee for changing a name on your booking.
- On British Airways tickets, spelling errors can also be corrected for free.
- Passengers should check their tickets' terms and conditions before making any name changes, as not all types of tickets allow name changes.
- Travel agents and passengers can change their bookings directly.
- You can change your booking up to 24 hours before departure time, but it's best to make the change as early as possible to avoid any issues.
Name change reasons
Fees for administration
1. Name Change up to 3 letters (Call Centre UK/IE).
2. Name Change up to 3 letters (Call Centre North America)
3. Passport/Marriage Name Change
British Airways Name Change Process
British Airways allows you to change your name via different methods. Some of them are described below, and choose them according to your preference:
British Airways Name Change Online
Follow these steps to change your name on a British Airways ticket online:
- Log in to your British Airways account.
- Enter your last name and booking reference number under "Manage My Booking."
- To change a flight's name, select it and click "Edit passenger details."
- Enter the updated name and ensure it matches the passport or other travel document name.
- Verify the updated details and save the changes.
- Pay any applicable fees, if any.
- You will get an email confirmation on your account after confirming the changes.
British Airways Name Change Via Mobile App
Follow these steps to change your name via British Airways mobile app:
- Install the British Airways mobile app on your device and open it.
- Use your credentials to log in to your account.
- Tap the menu icon at the top left corner (three horizontal lines).
- Choose "Manage My Booking" from the menu.
- Your booking reference number and last name should be entered.
- Click "Find a booking."
- You can update a booking by selecting it.
- To view booking details, tap "View booking".
- You can change a passenger's name by scrolling down to the "Passenger details" section.
- Click on "Edit" next to the passenger's name.
- Fill out the provided fields with the passenger's name.
- Save the changes by tapping "Save".
Tips For Smooth Name Changes
The easiest way To change your name on the British Airways ticket is to call the British Airways name change via phone. To contact them and change your name on British Airways ticket, follow these steps:
- Call the British Airways customer service at 1-877-657-0890 or 1-800-247-9297.
- Choose the customer service option when prompted.
- Explain to the representative that you need to change your booking's name.
- To verify your identity, provide the representative with your booking reference number and other relevant information.
- Provide the correct name and explain why the name needs to be changed.
- A representative will inform you of any fees involved in changing your name. You will be asked to confirm your acceptance of these charges.
- Your booking will be updated once the name change has been processed. You will also receive an updated confirmation from him.
Documents Required For Name Change In British Airways
You must provide a copy of your passport or government-issued identification to change your name.
British Airways is always available to treat their passengers with the best services and hospitality. You can read about British Airways' name change policy, fees associated with it, ways to do so, and many other things. We would like to give you enough information to change your name easily. Stay safe!
Also Read: Name change Alaska Airlines: Fee & Process